Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 6: Consummes and Kittens

Midterms are over! I am happy to say I am pleased with being my results, my only reflection is contemplating if I only want to pursue baking and pastry, or should I add culinary and pursue both? Maybe it's age, maturity, or a combination of such with having a concrete idea of who I want to be, but I am not overwhelmed or that much intimidated by culinary the way some other kids are in class. I make mistakes all the time, but I feel I come out with more of an experience and am stronger for it. My peers are so focused on small things, and doing it perfect, they forget doing something simply right. I have always been one who believes you can learn from your mistakes, have second chances, ect with no problem, and miraculously I am an A student!?


Life has been anything I could have foreseen. As soon as I get my two feet back on the ground financially I was presented with the opportunity to adopt a kitten. I had my guard up since it's been months since I have had anything in my savings account, but the kitten was not in a good home so I accepted her. I still wasn't sure about keeping her but took her to the vet anyhow to check up on her health. I learned the poor thing had fleas, was malnourished, and the blood work showed she never received any vaccines. My heart was broken, and while she was sleeping in the carrier from the exhaustion from the vet I couldn't help it, she was mine. I would make sure she was so loved she would forget what it was like when she wasn't cared for. Mom and I named the kitten Arendelle, and her and Quinn look just like twins. It's back to taking it day by day, and soon week by week but worth it.


Work is going well, there might be some career changes here - maybe - a chef's position opened up and the head chef received my information. Keep your fingers crossed, no I won't share the name, location, or any other details. That is my choice, if you ask me about it my answer will be I don't know what's in store in my future. This is not a teaser of any sort, just sharing experiences as they happen. For now just staying focused on school and serving. IF anything comes of this I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment