Monday, March 30, 2015

Apologies for My Absence

I'm so sorry for being away for as long as I have. Winter was tough for several reasons, and as much as I think I have this adult thing figured out life happens and reminds me I have so much more to learn and experience. I battled several illness from strep to the flu, outlived a bed bug emergency, along with making very difficult time sensitive decisions that I was newly introduced too and had a large impact on my outcome of my well-being.

School was the easiest thing I had to deal with, but alas I not only dealt with it but passed on the Deans List. Somehow I still managed to crawl out of the winter with straight A's. I learned a lot about myself this winter, some good some bad, but gained the knowledge and confidence that I know I can make it work, I won't fail, and I am ready to go into 2015 head first in the storm.

Along with the many new things I learned, I decided to change my school schedule around which leaves me 3 extra hours in the day to study, clean, socialize, and do things like update my blog while not giving up the hours I want to work and the effort I want to put into my studies. So family, friends, please give me a call, or text anytime between 12-3 and I will be able to actually make time to talk!

This quarter I'm in my advance bread make class. I am so excited to understand more about yeast and the fermenting process! I'm most excited to finally be able to put some of my artistic creativity to use in this lab. I'll be exploring baguette, making bagels, artisan breads, and dead dough. The dead dough module will most likely be my favorite since we actually create what I would consider to be an edible relief sculpture. My mind is spinning with all the sketches I want to use.
Google Image

No comments:

Post a Comment