Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Can Watch Game of Thrones!

Things have been swimmingly positive for me lately. I'm making bills, able to spend a little bit on myself, schools going well, and putting myself out there for some new jobs. Currently I'm looking for a second part time job either as a line cook for an independent restaurant or bar, or working with a Chef to become a brewers apprentice. Both options would be a pay cut from serving, but if I keep my weekends open at Red Robin I should still be able to adult without any more difficultly than what I am challenged with currently. I'll be able to expand my skills professionally, get a different perspective from school (which after completing my BFA is very important), and grow my network in the culinary and baking industry.

School is going well. I can't believe how knowledgeable I am when it comes to the baking world. I know I have a lot more to learn and achieve, and to be honest and I am intimated and motivated when thinking about next quarter. I shouldn't be nervous about my Advanced Bread Practicum, but I fear I'll just fuck it all up. Excuse my language, but I am no longer a beginner, and I have to prove that I am ready for this intermediate level of baking and pastry skills to continue to become more advanced. The pressure is on too, since I'm on the deans list, I'm up for a few scholarships, I just have to get straight A's, again. Up front and honest I have no idea how I pulled those grades last quarter. I'm definitely not the worst performing student, but it's harder to overcome challenges compared to my peers who went to vocational school and who's confidence are through the roof.

Nathan is a great roommate. I forgot how nice it is to split up chores, and bills! He is super helpful and since he is tall he has all the high cabinets in our kitchen, while I have the lower ones. I never have to climb the counters, for awhile. He's also more computer savy compared to me, and let me have the current season of Game of Thrones (of what's been released that is), and I thought I had to sacrifice GoT when I moved away from Ohio since I refuse to pay for HBO for just one show.

No comments:

Post a Comment