Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I Present, My Dead Dough Sculpture: "Viking Mermaid"

We just finished our dead dough pieces in our bread-making lab, and it is was such a fun experience! I would definitely like to pursue and continue this creativity in the bread world. Let me show off my piece:

There are a lot of talented kids in my class. Above is the skeleton viking mermaid I made, below are photos of sculptures my fellow peers created.



I was so excited why one of my class mates wanted to do The Little Mermaid! Its been such a fun 2 weeks working on these. Next up we are working on sourdough bread! We've been making and feeding our own sours and creating wild yeast. The simplest way to describe it is to mix flour and water together and let that sit until the natural yeast from the air and your skin forms the yeast that is needed to leaven your bread.
We don't follow that exact methodology but its similar. With more advanced tools we are able to produce sours a tid bit differently.

Outside of school there's some new news in my life. I do have a new roommate, Nathan Chapman. He's who he says he is- that being said, yes I did do a background check, and expect he did the same for me since we did meet on Craigslist when he responded to my roommate needed ad. He works full time as a web designer, mostly for artists, but he will venture out and help out small businesses as well. He just moved to Louisville from Lincoln, Nebraska. He has two cute cats, with who I love. Their names are Velvet, and Ash (or Ash-Bagash). I'm happy, doing well, and making adult choices with a little less stress than I have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment