This has been the most over dramatic summer to date. And as always I survive. I wasn't a pity party for myself like I had been in the past, and I wasn't angry. Instead of put my energy on staying positive and reminding myself how lucky I am. I am able to provide myself with groceries, keep up to date on my bills (whether or not I actually remember to pay them), and have a great group of friends and mishpacha close by and far away.
This has been the worst academic quarter of my associates. I chalk it up to senior-itus since I know I only have another six months after the summer. It could also be for the first six weeks of school I was couch crashing and hotel crashing while dealing with constant flooding since it was a very, very rainy summer. My grades took a hard hit at the beginning. Still straight B's can't be all too bad. I already have worldly knowledge that my future employers are not going to care about what letter grades I receive while in school.
With two weeks closing into the high holidays, the timing couldn't be more on spot. I'll have a 3 week vacation from school over the holidays and during September. I have become an uncanny saver to be able to afford to visit Dayton a few times. I'll be spending most of the holidays with my mishpacha here in Louisville since I have made some roots with the congregations at KI, and find myself on the creative and event board without ever signing up for anything. And I have been invited on the Young Women's something Conservative Board here in Louisville. Boards I would love to apart of but continuously have to decline since I have just six more months on my education.
I have decided I will be permanently living in Louisville until the end of the 2016 at the very least. There are some major events happening within the family that I would like be apart of and participate. I'm going to take the opportunity to find an entry level baking position here in town come March. After that I'm not entirely sure where life will take me, but am excited to continue my journey and put more effort into each experience I have. I'm tired of being lazy because I have formed this unhealthy entitlement that I deserve some kind of break. For the next new year my focus on will be living mentally a healthier lifestyle where I see the positive in what and who I have around me instead of bashing the negativity that comes my way.
This past year has taught me that as much as love fairy tales, there's no one evil I was come up against, there's no crazy stroke of luck, no such thing as a big break, but a bunch of small experiences I can bundle up together for my crazy fun adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment