I'm happy to share I had a great start for 5776. I celebrated Rosh Hoshannah in Louisville with Mishpacha. Shule and I cooked dinner together, and we decided instead of a traditional brisket we would have lamb since we love lamb. We made a crock pot lamb leg with home made mira pox made by yours truly (I also made the gravy!). I showed her how to make parve mashed potatoes, a very important specialty. We also had carrot souffle, and Israeli salad, and her mother in law brought this baked zucchini dish that was to die for. For dessert we baked an angry orchard honey cake with a cider pastry cream filling. Success!! And I whipped a caramel bourbon buttercream that complimented the taste. Services at Kenesith couldn't have been a better experience. I'm humbled by the amount of congregants I have gotten to know personally and was excited to wish them a shannah tova.
For Yom Kippur I went up to see my family in Dayton. Thankfully it was a quick and surprising easy fast for me this year. Break the fast took all the attention, not only were there bagels, lox, salads, cheeses, and kugels but the events that happened were absolutely memorable. Tyler got down on one knee, surprised and moved everyone in the room when he asked my sister to marry him. It was one of those events where when you think about it you feel as if your experiencing it again.
Here are some photos from the past few weeks of some fun stuff:
 |
| My Chocolate Showpiece |
 |
| My Final Plated Dessert: Pina Colada Verrine , Green Tea Macaroon, and a Mango Panna Cotta. |
 |
| A Repunzel Birthday Cake I made for a friend. |
 |
| One of the many tortes I made. |
 |
| Hello 5776! |
No comments:
Post a Comment