I have learned how to make flours out of buttercream, dead dough, chocolate, sugar, and now gum paste. Gum paste and sugar are the best mediums I believe to make realistic flowers. This opinion is based on a year of personalized training, who knows how I will feel come 5, 10 years in the field. Chocolate and dead dough can look realistic but has an emphasis on it's medium. Buttercream is the most fun, and the yummiest (outside of chocolate) to eat! I can't wait to show the finished products, today was focused on different types of demos, and the beginning of assembly.
 |
| The base for Calla-lilies and Roses. |
|
 |
| My first attempt for another piece of the Calla-lily. |
This past weekend my six-year-old cat had her annual vet appointment. There her blood work came back questionable, and other tests confirmed that Harley Quinn has kidney failure. Thankfully her doctor caught it so early that its treatable, and miss H. Quinn will kick it for a long time, unfortunately there will be more bumps in the road, and she might be in some pain here and there. While at the vet, its an understatement to say I was emotional. She's my cat, and I feel in someways I let her down, granted I know I didn't, I just want her to be happy and healthy. I'll report how her next few visits go since she has to be seen every 12 weeks right now.
 |
| Harley Quinn was tuckered after a weekend of Doc Appointments. |
No comments:
Post a Comment