Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Flower Power Part II

So far making flowers is so much fun. I am definitely a rookie at this, but in all seriousness I want to get better. The flower cutter we use is actually a discontinued set, but I dug around and found a killer seller who accepted my "best offer" off eBay! I linked the image below.
Amazon Page

I almost finished my first rose. All I have left to do is to add the tape, and place on a cake.

This is where you shape your petals so they are natural looking.
You have to hang the flower upside and allow the gum paste to dry out, and it will keep it's shape. 
I use my hangs to create flare on the petals to make it look like the rose is blossoming. 
Once I cut out all my petals and place them on the rose I leave the flower alone overnight to allow the flower to completely dry out. The next day I went in ad started to add color!
First I start with Yellow.


Next I use Orange



At Last I add Pink.





No comments:

Post a Comment