Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I did! The week at school was hectic making flowers and pumpkin treats. I was very happy with how my roses looked.
Thanksgiving week started with a bang, got off work, had everything packed, cat sitter was arranged, and boom 3 hour trip in the middle of the night. I wouldn't have slept since I was so excited. First thing that happened was I got to go shopping with my sister while she was looking for... WEDDING DRESSES!! It was a blast! And she found "the" dress. I mean -wow- the tears that were shed over a piece of fabric didn't make any logical sense but it was so much fun.
The next day I went into my old place of employment I transferred from and saw some old familiar faces I missed. I worked over my vacation since it's the holidays and money is tight, and it was nice to see old friends.
For thanksgiving I made the turkey, which came out great. It was upsetting somewhat when the I discovered the meat thermometer was broken and I was scared the turkey was going to overcook. Talk about an over wined mopey chef. I had my dad help out with the gravy, a very heavy hand with the flour, but for sentimental value it was great to have him help. Plus add some turkey juices and pow, the gravy is saved, and I made a roo.
I brought some delicious wines from Louisville. I highly recommend Smith-Berry Two dogs hybrid, 502 Chocolate, and 502 Holiday wines. They disappeared so fast, and I love 502 Winery. For dessert I made individual pumpkin pies with candied cranberries. Paired perfectly with the rush of sweet over the top abv wines.


No comments:
Post a Comment