Monday, October 12, 2015

Edible Vangough

This week on plus Friday, I played around with sugar and made a large edible art lollipop. it was only about 10 in tall, but I had a lot of fun creating and learning a new medium.
Making the shapes for my "canvas" and the base
When making the shapes, I just knew I wanted something really simple to work with since I have had such little experience, it was purely just an exercise to learn and gain skill.

My Final Shape I put together
It took me almost a half hour putting the two shapes together in a functional and artistic fashion. After heating the elements together I have learned from my other piece I made, you should wait until it cools before you do more, or the piece will keep falling on you.
Adding first two colors with air brushing 
The last bit of the air brushing with templates.
Created a more detailed "painting" by literally painting on the food coloring, which has a very similar technique to water color.
Lights turned off with only the natural light shining through.

No comments:

Post a Comment