Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October's Adventure

So this month a close friend of mine married the man of her dreams, and I was lucky enough to be apart of the celebration! The adventure started on Wednesday with a trip to Memphis to see Walk The Moon, a favorite band of mine. Click on the link and it will take you to their webpage. Here are some fun videos I filmed from my phone.
 
 
After walk the moon we drove all night to Panama City Beach at the Holiday Inn Resort. What a trip! Thankfully everything went really smoothly. On Thursday the bride and groom had a wedding people party instead of a bachelor and bachelorette party. They rented patoon boats and we went out into the ocean, snacking, drinking, and swimming. The only bad thing was a red tide came in while we were in the ocean.
On Friday I baked 100 mini cupcakes for the wedding. In the early evening was the rehearsal. It was so much fun how my two friends were so close to the real wedding. Even with the bride's crazy mother, we made the most of it. The location was at the marine club on the base that looked over the ocean. It had these little fairy lights all over the deck, it was really a beautiful site. The rehearsal dinner was amazing! A three course meal, five star experience. I got the salad, chicken, and the creme brule for dessert, amazing!
On Saturday was the actual wedding. Things went smoothly from doing our hair and makeup, to setting up the decorations. Next was getting ready for the big moment. The room was filled with laughter and reminiscing about the couple, the bride couldn't have been more excited and it showed. The ceremony was smooth and beautiful, a little too much praying for my taste, but that's the only complaint. Aside from mother of the bride constantly trying to steal the spotlight, but her efforts were in vain because of the amount of love and support the bride and groom got from their friends and other family.
I never really got to enjoy the resort unfortunately. When I rsvp'd to the wedding, I was only aware of baking cupcakes and thought I would make it a mini vacation, about seven weeks ago the bride called and needed another bridesmaid and wanted me to be apart of the special occasion. I had no itenary, or idea of where I needed to be and when, but the spontaneity of the experience made the vacation memorable.






No comments:

Post a Comment