The concept of just uprooting yourself is scary, I know this, but its the fact its scary is one of my motivators. At least I smiled and got through it, and they loved the food. So at the end of the night, people became friends, good food was served, and I was reminded that the idea of traveling is not some novelty I thought I was trending on since many of my role models are so transient. Successful, but not successful in the way I had intended it too. I know different can be intimidating, not bad, its just easy to forget sometimes.
My personality fit perfectly at my internship though. I am somehow this Bohemia hippy that they never had the likes of before. Not quite the role I always think I should be titled, but was completely judgement free. I connected with the other bakers so well! One is a farmer, and has cows, and she totally made fun of herself when I was slightly teased for my low cost high protein avocado, lox, and egg lunch. Today they had me mix cakes they need for production, and some cookies. It was AWESOME! I felt confident, in the zone, and barely felt like I worked! I can't wait to start decorating! I took a few shots today:
![]() |
| Chocolate cake I baked, the batter tasted amazing! |
![]() |
| These are the mixers I use! |
![]() |
| The Ovens |
![]() |
| *Cough* Ahem, my, um, "work station" |
Postpartum Depression Cake
This cake is perfect if you are having an off time, and the women who originally blogged the recipe was suffering from postpartum depression at the time. I thought it was brave and honest of her to title the cake with something so personal, but due to so many complaints she changed the name, but I rather honor what she was going through to create such a good recipe.
2 cups granulated sugar
1 & ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa
1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 & ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1 & ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa
1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 & ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake rounds or one 13×9x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the first six ingredients (sugar through salt); add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin); pour into prepared pan(s) and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes our clean. If baking cake rounds, allow rounds to cool slightly before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely. If using rectangular baking pan, allow cake to cool completely before icing.
I have paired chocolate icing, chocolate ganache, caramel icing, and mint icing with this cake recipe. It is such a great base cake! The cake on its own is orgasmic. Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment